Friday 20 February 2009

Stop typing for a minute


I spent yesterday afternoon at the Digital Tipping Conference.

One thing that caught my attention during the conference was the number of people who were sitting in the audience typing away on their laptops.

Not to mention the people awkwardly hammering away on the keypads of Blackberries and iPhones.

It seems live blogging and twittering are obviously now an accepted part of conferences.

Which is probably the conference equivalent of people taking mobile phone photos at concerts.

Thankfully I don't go to as many conferences as I do concerts.

But I can't help thinking that these people are not getting the most out of their conference experience because they're too focused on commenting on or recording what they're seeing.

Labels: , , ,