Thursday 26 February 2009

Social turns anti social


Seems there are a few people out there who are currently thinking about the same sort of stuff that I am.

Yesterday I posted Kevin Rothermel's thoughts on how self proclaimed gurus are impacting on Twitter.

Today I read a piece by Naked's Adam Ferrier on another subject I've been pondering recently - How social media types are becoming anti social.

Here's a snippet from Adam:

"Some of the online social networkers I've met online appear to be extremely opinionated, hostile, judgemental, and very black and white. If they displayed such characteristics in the offline world they would find it very difficult to form long term stable relationships with others."

I think Adam was talking more about people active in the blogosphere rather than people who use Facebook etc. He does make some very good points though.

Click here to see what he had to say.

Labels: , , ,