Tuesday 11 March 2008

Looks like I’m it


I seem to remember being tagged with a 5 things you didn’t know about me meme last year.

Now Neil has tagged me with its big brother – 8 things.

Here goes:

1: I never finished high school.

2: I purchased ‘Never mind the bollocks’ when I was a 16 year old fledgling Punk. My Dad said he wouldn’t have “that filth” in his house and made me take it back to the record shop.

3: I did an apprenticeship after I left school. Tucked away in a cupboard somewhere is my Trade Certificate – Scale Fitter.

4: I was made a Creative Director two years after starting my first full time job in advertising.

5: I used to do a drivetime show on Melbourne public radio station PBS-fm.

6: A couple of years ago I found myself in hospital after a very serious bout of Diverticulitis.

7: I was heartbroken when RMIT University turned down my permanent teaching position because my educational qualifications weren’t up to scratch. (See Pt.1)

8: On my last birthday I ended a lifetime of procrastination and took up Wing Chun Bing Fa Kung Fu.

I secretly had my fingers crossed behind my back when Neil tagged me, making me immune from having to pass on the meme. Honest!